At Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! If you are an Intermediate FX Artist and are interested in joining the team please apply.
Our FX Team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the FX department is responsible for the simulation and animation of all types of effects. Our team is made up of junior, intermediate, senior artists, leads and supervisors, all of whom play an integral part in production. In FX we look for a balance of technical and artistic skills. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the lighting department.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
• Troubleshoot some technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
• Take responsibility for shots and/or assets and ask for support when needed
• Work collaboratively with your department
• Work with senior members of the team in order to produce the best possible work
• Communicate to all in a respectful manner regardless of level
What you bring to the team
• Proficient in Houdini
• Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Good at creating high quality digital elements and simulations (fire, smoke, water, bubbles, dust, particles etc.)
• Good at creating setups, rigs and assets to be used by others: HDA’s, shading, render and lighting setups,
• Good understanding of Lighting as it pertains to the FX department
• Good eye for detail, sense of timing and knowledge of techniques
• Foundational knowledge of Nuke compositing
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require work accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons including but not limited to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions. Please let us know if you need any accommodation.
Our studio is built on respect and inclusion - we strive to create a safe place for all to come to work (or to work remotely)
Your application was submitted successfully.